LECK, a parish, in the barony of RAPHOE, county of DONEGAL, and province of ULSTER, 1 mile (E.) from Letterkenny, on the road to Strabane; containing 4,046 inhabitants. According to the Ordnance survey it comprises, including a detached portion, 10,744¾ statute acres, of which 10,393 are applotted under the tithe act and valued at £4,047 per annum, and 264 are in the tideway of the river Swilly, which is navigable through the whole of the parish. A large cattle fair is held at Old Town on June 8th. Here is Rock Hill, the beautiful seat of J. Vandeleur Stewart, Esq. The parish formed part of the corps of the deanery of Raphoe, but was separated from it by act of council in 1835, and is now a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Raphoe, and in the patronage of the Crown: the tithes amount to £324. The glebe-house was erected by aid of a gift of £450 and a loan of £50 from the late Board of First Fruits, in 1820; the glebe comprises 32 statute acres, valued at £25 per annum. The church is an ancient structure, and is about to be rebuilt. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Conwall. The parochial school is aided by an annual donation from Col. Robertson’s fund; and there are two other public schools, one of which is supported by Sir E. Hayes, Bart.; about 160 children are educated in these schools, and there are two Sunday schools.