Donagheady Parish Schools 1836
Extract From the 'Ordnance Survey Memoirs' Vol. 5.
Parish of Donagheady, May 1836.
Loughash national school, 3 miles south east of Dunnamanagh, built in 1820, under the National Board in 1834; books published by the Commissioners of Education for the Irish national schools, visited once by the Episcopal clergyman and twice by the Roman Catholic clergymen since its commencement; number of pupils: males, 33 under 10 years of age, 4 from 10 and 15, 37 total males; females, 35 under 10 years of age, 10 from 10 and 15, 45 total females; total number of pupils 82, 6 Protestants, 18 Presbyterians, 58 Roman Catholics; masters: James Kilgore, Protestant, James Moon, Roman Catholic.