County Tyrone Ireland Genealogy Research

Official Website of the CoTyroneIreland.com Mailing List

 

Greenlaw Rentals, Leckpatrick Parish - 1777-1858

Transcribed & Compiled by Len Swindley
len_swindley[at]hotmail.com
 

Greenlaw (after Greenlaw, Scotland; Sir George Hamilton of Greenlaw was the original grantee of the Manor of Cloghogal) is a 158-acre townland on the Derry Road approx 6 kms north of Strabane and belonged to the Manor of Cloghogal within the extensive Abercorn estate. The Abercorn Papers form a very large collection in PRONI, Belfast, which includes title deeds, rentals, accounts, leases and correspondence relating to the Tyrone and Donegal estates, some commencing in the early seventeenth century. The following data has been extracted from LDS microfilms; researchers should consult the comprehensive Family History Library catalogue for a complete description of this microfilmed archive. Alternatively, the originals may be viewed at PRONI, 66 Balmoral Ave., Belfast.

 

SURVEY & VALUATION OF THE MANOR OF CLOGHOGAL (ABERCORN ESTATE) 1787

GREENLAW:

David & Thomas Weer

Joseph Weer

William White

 

RENTAL FOR THE MANOR OF CLOGHOGAL (ABERCORN ESTATE) 1787

GREENLAW & GRIBBIN:

James Weir

David Weir

Thomas Weir

 

TITHE APPLOTMENTS: LECKPATRICK PARISH 1827

GREENLAW:

James Weir

William & James Weir

James Cavanagh

 

RENTAL FOR THE MANOR OF CLOGHOGAL (ABERCORN ESTATE) 1833

GREENLAW:

Tenants as per Former Leases and Occupying Tenants:

James Weir (James & David Weir)

Daniel Weir

James Kavanagh

 

RENTAL FOR THE MANOR OF CLOGHOGAL (ABERCORN ESTATE) 1848

GREENLAW:

John Weir

William Weir

David Weir

Michael Kavanagh

 

GRIFFITHS VALUATION: LECKPATRICK PARISH 1858

GREENLAW:

A List of Occupiers and Immediate Lessors:

Michael Kavanagh (Marquis of Abercorn)

Sarah Carolan (Michael Kavanagh)

James Weir (Marquis of Abercorn)

James Andrews (James Weir)

John Gormly (same)

John Weir (same)

David Weir (Marquis of Abercorn)

Daniel Maguire (same)